Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Trininitarian relational ontology...& being naked

A sample chapter from the revised version of Pete Gall's book, found on his blog, begins:

“I’ll tell you now what. Your problem is that you’re working from a substance ontology instead of a relational ontology. Specifically a Trinitarian relational ontology, which is rooted in love. So long as you cling to a substance ontology you will be stuck with feeling the limitations it ensures - namely the perpetual creation of idols and dualism.”

“Oh, good, Jon. So that’s my problem. I’ll just go fix that real quick.”

Jon shrugs and nods.

“What in the world did you just say to me?” I exclaim.

--

And concludes:
"The foolishness of the Gospel is the foolishness of being naked in a world that believes it can protect itself if it covers itself.”

Check it out here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!