Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"church and hell were a dead heat."


I agree with Real Live Preacher...you must read this blog he found.. -dw

God on a Milk Carton
July 23, 2007 - 12:48pm

This is what blogs were meant to be, in my humble opinion. Deep thoughts from people you would never have heard of before the network of blogs came into existence. This is about as authentic and gripping as any spiritual journey I've read lately:
"I was in a pickle. Hell sounded miserable, so I didn’t want to go there. My family and I had gone occasionally to a Methodist church, and THAT was miserable too. I didn’t want to go there either. In fact, on the misery scale in my 10-year-old head, church and hell were a dead heat. Church won because the misery lasted only a half a day, whereas hell was supposedly a lot longer. On the other hand, hell was a long way off and church was coming up in a few days."

Click here to read the rest...

2 comments:

  1. Dave, thanks for your encouragement. I've found another brother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep upbthe great work, St.Larry

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!