Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Danielson Family

I had never heard of them (theirs website , Myspace and wiki article ) until I learned I missed a showing of their movie at a church here in town (Kudis to our friends at Tower Mosaic).
Imagine me reading this ad, and then realizing the date had already past:

Danielson: A Family Movie

(Or, Make a Joyful Noise)
A Documentary about heeding your Vision.

creativity vs. accessibility
christian faith vs. popular culture
family vs. individuality

Join us as all these questions and more are NOT answered.

A documentary that explores these issues in this ongoing conversation.

Starring:

Danielson Famile & Sufjan Stevens

link





All I can say is it looks like they must be experienced.
I did wonder of it was too much an Arcade Fire (and Polyphonic Spree) derivative until I saw the date on some of these clips:
1999.

Been around since 1995.

It all started a art school project for a senior thesis.

All I should say know, before you try some of these clips is:
They aren't the Partridge Family...

or are they? The frontman lists his musical influences as:

"T.Rex, Rapeman, B.A.L.L., Syd Barrett, Bob Dylan, Bongwater, My Bloody Valentine, Beat Happening, Cypress Hill, Ween, Donovan, Sonic Youth, Royal Trux, Beatles, Half Japanese, A Tribe Called Quest, Bowie, Can, Pixies, Minutemen, James Brown, Tom Waits, Daniel Johnston, Brian Eno, Larry Norman, Captain Beefheart "

But none of that will prepare you for this:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!