Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just tell me: is emerging good or bad?

Mike Erre:

The danger with labels is that you can smack a label on someone and never have to do more than that.

I was speaking at Biola, and I had somebody come up and say, ‘Um, I just want you to tell me is the emerging church good or bad.’ And I said, ‘Yes.’ Cause there are some parts that are really harmful and there are some parts that seem (like) positive contributions.

And he said, ‘No, no. no. I don’t want to have to read it to know. I don’t want to have to study it know. I just want you to tell me.’

-Mike Erre, link

-

-

1 comment:

  1. That's one of the major problems in today's western world - people don't want to have to think for themselves. Everything else comes processed, packaged and ready to use. Why not information, spirituality etc?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!