Saturday, January 23, 2010

with ads like these, who needs satire?

I am sure the architectural firm is well-meaning..
but I keep these ads for when I teach on the church not being a building to show how amazing the irony is...One would think these ads are Wittenburg Door spoofs of ads...or that at very least an editor would catch such terrible misuse of Scripture...in every ad in the series... to sell church buildings! (I usually also show the ad for the crazy-titled book "How to Put New Wine In Old Wineskins")

How about the verse,"We have a building from God, a house not made with hands," to illustrate a picture of a.....building made with hands!

Or the verse from Acts: "What kind of a house will you build for me?" The assumed answer in that Scripture is "NONE!" But that doesn't stop the ad asking, and offering a sample building~~

Click each ad to enlarge..just to see which Scripture is (mis)used next!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!