Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Colbert preaches to Zimbardo re: Lucifer Effect

Quite an amazing Colbert episode..Blogger "Living dangerously" says

In the interview below, Colbert talks with Philip Zimbardo, a professor at Stanford ..about his book The Lucifer Effect. To make a long story short, Colbert seems to slip out of character towards the end of the interview and gives Zimbardo quite the theological lecture. While he uses a rather unfortunate selection of words at the end, the preceding 30 seconds provide an interesting dose of Arminian theology…not exactly standard fare on the late night talk show circuit. The reaction of the audience to his outburst is also intriguing. My interest in what is actually going on in Stephen Colbert’s head has been further piqued.
-link

----------

Zimbardo himself posted:



I knew Colbert was a practicing Catholic, as I used to be, so knew I could push his button by declaring Lucifer was right and God was wrong in the confrontation over Lucifer’s alleged disobedience to authority– and It worked!

In a 5 min segment, I did not pretend to debate deep theological issues with him or anyone, the purpose was to make it an interesting interview and to have people remember to associate Zimbardo with The Lucifer Effect and buy my book.

PS, we will soon be selling those T shirts that I gifted to Colbert, on my web site, with all profits going for site maintenance. The reverse side is even more interesting than the front– which I designed.
see www.LuciferEffect.com

Phil Zimbardo, link






The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Philip Zimbardo
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorFox News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!