Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Wile E. Coyote moments in Bible reading

The only thing missing from this great post by Jon Acuff:



        

      "\





Wait, what???” Bible verses:


Sometimes, if I am reading the Bible too quickly, I have a Wile E. Coyote moment. Often when chasing the Road Runner, Wile E. would get so focused on what he was doing that he would run 15 feet off a cliff without realizing it. Then he would pause in mid air, look at the camera, then at his feet and plummet.
I feel that way sometimes while reading the Bible. I’ll get in a rhythm and start making progress. I’ll be cruising through Genesis and Exodus, moving along at a good clip, flying by the material, until out of nowhere I’ll pause, mid thought and say, “Wait, what???”
I’ll go back a few verses and realize that I breezed past something outrageous that at first glance I took as commonplace. Recognizing my error I’ll push pause, reread the verse and then fall off a theological cliff much like Wile E.....
           -LINK:Click to continue 
...is the soundtrack/videotrack he suggested:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!