How crazy and ironic...but maybe inevitable...that only persecution will get the Western church back on track (=doing basic church as Bible defines it).
Here's a clip from Francis Chan that's interesting.
Before you watch it, you should know that:
- I am a conscientious objector in the culture wars.
- Let's Lose The Cultural Debate
- I don't expect our nation to be Christian. There's only one o'those (the Kingdom).
- "..the hostility of the general culture to things Christian
is only going to increase.
We should not be surprised by this or even try to change it."
- There is no persecution of Christians in America, absolutely none.
To paraphrase Paul, though:
"For whatever reason--good or bad, through false motives or true. I rejoice that teh church will finally get it..even if it takes something like persecution."
St Nicole Cotrell posted Chan video, along with some thoughts, in a post called "What Would You Do if Your Church Building Was Gone?".
She asks : "Here is the fundamental question: If your church building were stripped away and your pastor quit preaching from the pulpit, would YOU be able to lead, teach, and bring others to the Lord to the Lord?"