Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Out Of The Depths

by Sinéad O'Connor
Based on Psalm 130 

Out of the depths I cry to You oh Lord
Don't let my cries for mercy be ignored
If  keep account of sins oh who would stand?
But You  have forgiveness in your hands

And I've heard religion say you're to be feared
But I don't buy into everything I hear
And it seems to me you're hostage to those rules
That were made by religion and not by You 

And I'm wondering will u ever get yourself free
Is it bad to think You  might like help from me?
Is there anything my little heart can do
To help religion share us with You ?

For oh you're like a ghost in your own home
Nobody hears You  crying all alone
Oh You are the one true really voiceless one
They have their backs turned to you for worship of
Gold and stone

And to see You  prisoner oh makes me weep
Nobody hears You  screaming in the streets
And it's sad but true how the old saying goes
If God lived on earth people would break his windows

I long for You  as watchmen long for the end of night
I long for You  as watchmen long for the end of night
I long for You  as watchmen long for the end of night

acoustic:
electric:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!