Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"Bad Liturgy Is Not A Victimless Crime. Just Ask Jimmy Fallon"

From Steve Skojec's "Bad Liturgy Is Not A Victimless Crime. Just Ask Jimmy Fallon":
GROSS: So you went to Catholic school when you were young.
Mr. FALLON: Oh yeah.
GROSS: Did you have…
Mr. FALLON: I wanted to be a priest.
GROSS: Did you really?
Mr. FALLON: Yeah. I loved it.
GROSS: Why?
Mr. FALLON: I just, I loved the church. I loved the idea of it. I loved the smell of the incense. I loved the feeling you get when you left church. I loved like how this priest can make people feel this good. I just thought it was – I loved the whole idea of it. My grandfather was very religious, so I used to go to Mass with him at like 6:45 in the morning, serve Mass. And then you made money, too, if you did weddings and funerals. You’d get like five bucks. And so I go ‘Okay, I can make money too.’ I go, ‘This could be a good deal for me.’ I thought I had the calling.

   From Bad Liturgy Is Not A Victimless Crime. Just Ask Jimmy Fallon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!