Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Taylor Swift gets non-nude and sloshed on stage

I know I am not the only one who heard this introduction as "Ladies and gentlemen, NUDE female vocalist of the year, Taylor Swift!"

Taylor Swift's ACMA waterfall
click to watch


But If it weren't for Patrol Magazine's David Sessions, who is Christian enough to admit liking Taylor Swift, I wouldn't have known about this shapeshifting (and non-nude) performance at the Academy of Country Music Awards. She begins as a hooded emo Avril, then tosses her guitar and morphs into a stand-up singer, then accomplishes an amazing wardrobe malfunction....and winds up "getting sloshed on stage."

Her delight and relief that the tricks all worked after it is all over is priceless.

I am afraid this is the kind of stuff I would do in sermons if I had the budget.

Of course, you can follow the debate "Is she a Christian?," and find why some churches are boycotting her even if she is...here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!