Tuesday, June 24, 2008

St. Arbucks: Be Right Back??


Who would have guessed two years ago that this could ever happen in a Starbucks?:

The Power of Presence
I walked into a Starbucks the other day to buy gift cards for our supporters and encountered an empty kiosk with no green aprons in sight. On the counter top I found this small note written in blue marker: "Be Right Back!" I suppose the cheery reassurance was designed to freeze me in place until the staff returned. But it did not work. Having driven miles to get there, I was not about to wait. The experience reminded me of how much of the ministry is really about showing up for work, being there with people when God is doing things. Jesus spent thirty years among people before he started teaching them. On many days in this vocation, simply being there is half the battle. There is no message more powerful than presence.
-Earl Creps



A great new article on "Starbucks' Last Shot" in Code Nast Portfolio here;
video here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!