Wednesday, October 07, 2015

I am crazy and so am i. some of us are just better at (not) hiding it

Here I am in 1976 , with a T shirt that reads, 
"Crazy Dave."
It was partly true; still is.


I loved and hated that nickname...but I wore it well, not out.

.




But here I am a few decades later with a blog title claiming I still am crazy-ish...
                                                         or at least a bit heteroclitic.  
You decide.

At least I'm a holy one now..


Jenny Lawson, in "Furiously Happy":

"Most of my favorite people are dangerously f____-up, but you'd never guess because we've learned to bare it so honestly that it becomes the new normal. Like John Hughes wrote in The Breakfast Club, 'We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it.' Except go back and cross out the word 'hiding.'"  link

Maybe we  should also cross out the 'ill' from 'mental illness,'  if we are just have "mental-ness."
We're human, so of course we have issues and are normal in our mental messedupness.

The late Keltic Ken often said...about me!..."I kind of like to know my pastor is only  a little less screwed up than me."
 (You can even hear Ken's audio about God uses screwed up people here) .

BTW, who looks crazier in this pic, Ken or me?


On second thought, don't answer that..

Frank Lake...the genius of the big green theology/psychology book with centerfolds...seemed to think everyone was partly schizoid.  Even though he called it the "schizoid position," maybe it's more of a continuum, and we all live on it somewhere.  As Ian Hunter once said, "You're never alone with a schizophrenic."

Ken even mused that everyone is either exhibitionist or voyeur..
                       even if most peoples' version of either has nothing to do with sex and is not dangerous.

I don't know what my mental illness/disease/dysfunction is...I should ask you who know me.
Oh, I did that once.
  Turns out I am "moody and I have a nice butt" (:

 You can read all about it here, but below is the actual scientific survey sheet.




Well, in the final analysis, you all can be the judge (as the Bible actually commands...seriously, 1 Cor 5:12, look it up and see that I'm not crazy...uh, not wrong)
Here is a photo album of some of my more serious portraits.
Scroll through, and post your verdict in the comments.
(Steve, save your vote.  I already know what you think...and you are partly right.


-































No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!