Tuesday, June 20, 2017

building a fence around the law..or a hack around the elevator

As a follow-up to my sabbath elevator post--

  • I'll never forget taking the elevator from our towering Jerusalem hotel room down to the lobby for breakfast one Saturday.

    Not only could I not push the lobby button,

    but the elevator stopped automatically on every floor.
    I wondered if I would make it down for lunch.

    When I ordered, I realized that the waitress was not writing down any orders;
    even the most complicated ones.

    Writing was "work" on the sabbath,
    as was pushing elevator buttons....link

--I should have known there was a way to --as the rabbis say--

"build a fence around the law" of no regular elevators on the
sabbath.

 Here it is below... it's a hack!





 See also:

Halakhot of Lakeview: Elevators on Shabbat

Can You Really Skip Floors on EVERY Elevator with this Life Hack?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!