Friday, June 07, 2013

Eugene Peterson audio: "When I read the Bible for the first time, I realized the Holy Spirit left out most of the good parts.”

Cathleen Falsani:


/....Peterson’s passion and love of the Bible is palpable when he talks about it. It’s not an academic or intellectual pursuit for him. It’s a romance. A love story between God and Eugene, between God and all of us. And we are part of the ongoing narrative that the scriptures tell.
Early on in our discussions of the Bible at the Q Practices gathering, Peterson made a passing comment that piqued my imagination. He said: “When I read the Bible for the first time, I realized the Holy Spirit left out most of the good parts.”
During a question-and-answer period, I asked him which parts the Holy Spirit had, in fact, left out. He laughed and then launched into another story.
I could never do it justice here in writing, so click the button below and listen to Peterson tell it in his own words.  (complete article here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!