Thursday, June 08, 2006

From Butts to Bibles..That's Elevation!

I thought this video was funny even before I knew it was a parody of "Baby Got Back," a classic rap song by Sir Mix-A-Lot. And I thought I was in touch with pop culture! (I guess I'm not Mark Deraud yet!) . The original (rated R like many rap songs) begins:

"I like big butts and I cannot lie/You other brothers can’t deny/That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist/And a round thing in your face/ You get sprung.."

This remake makes it:

"I like big Bibles I can not lie, / You Christian brothers can't deny, / When a girl walks in with a KJV* / And a bookmark in Proverbs, You get stoked"

Now that's what the rabbis (and Bono) meant by 'elevation.' ( And maybe that's why Switchfoot and Dylan did "Victoria's Secret" ads).
But it still doesn't justify this(: ..)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!