Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ok, I bit..."People I Really Want to Meet"


(buy the shirt here...great for pastors)


Since I made Len's short list of "People I Really Want to Meet," I took up the meme-challenge of creating my own list. No surprise Len is on it (would've been in on it, anyway). Thanks, hat tip, and trace this to Pernell Goodyear (who I wasn't familiar with, but now may have to add!)

In typical fashion, I went overboard..and a few of the folks are dead (no prob..it's my party)...and I tried to keep it under fifty..(:

Like Len, I kept it pretty current...or I would've had to invite folk like Madame Guyon and Soren Kierkegaard to the bash..

Hot tip: If you'd like to read this same list, but have at soudtracked by Bono's recent speech to pastors (Interview w/Bill Hybels), read it here on my Myspace page...blog on upper right.

The Jacques Brothers: Jacques Ellul/Jacques Derrida
Margaret Wheatley
Len Hjalmarson
Earl Crepps...the Coffee Drinkin' Fool
Christopher MacDonald
Bob Hyatt
Abbess Karen Ward
Hirsch and Frost
Robert Farrar Capon
Shane Hipps
Walter J. Ong
Doug Paggitt
Both Steve Taylors (blogger-author and singer-producer)
Beth Maynard
Jack Heaslip
Bruce Cockburn
Eugene Peterson
Rich Nathan
Brian Greene
Mike Roe
E. Stanley Jones
Dallas Willard
David Ruis
Douglas Hofstadter
Wolfgang and Mercy Simson
Paul and Ali Hewson and Dave Evans (Mr. and Mrs. Bono, and the Edge)
Walter Brueggemann
Jurgen Moltmann
Annie Dillard
Lawrence Lessig

Brian Walsh
Steven Johnson
Cliff Pickover
Graham Cooke
Mr. and Mrs.
David Dark
Richard Rohr
Carl Raschke
Brian Greene
The XXXChurch.com pastors
Wendell Berry
Me`self

3 comments:

  1. yeh.. I could go for a coffee with Bruce Cockburn and Bono.. might make a nice duet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man-

    Thanks for the shout ou! That's really cool! Perhaps when next we happen to be at the same convention!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!