Friday, March 02, 2012

"Abraham's Daughter": Arcade Fire

While it lasts"the new Arcade Fire Song, "Abraham's Daughter" is posted online at the bottom of this page and on this video:



© AceShowbiz.com


“I tried to put myself in the headspace of how excited I’d be if this film[The Hunger Games] was coming out when I was 15. I still remember hearing Radiohead’s ‘Exit Music (for a Film)’ in [Baz Luhrmann’s] Romeo + Juliet when I was that age.”
“Our whole approach was to get into the world and try to create something that serves the story and the film,” he continued. ”There’s some thing in the story of Abraham and Isaac that I think resonates with the themes in the film like sacrificing children. So we made a weird, apocryphal, alternate-universe version of that, where it’s as if Abraham had a daughter — kind of a metaphor for Katniss.” -Win Butler

 Lyrics:Abraham's Daughter:

".
Abraham took Isaac's hand,and and led him to the lonesome hill.
While his daughter hid and watched,
she dare not breathe. She was
so still.
Just as the angel cried for the slaughter,
Abraham’s daughter raised her voice.
Then the angel asked her what her name was,
she said,
“I
have none.”

Then he asked, “How can this be?”
“My father never gave
me one.”
And when he saw her, raised for the slaughter,
Abraham’s daughter raised her bold.
How darest you, child, defy your father?
You'd better let young Isaac go.
link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!