Friday, March 02, 2012

"If they pass little cubes of bread, I resolve to take three or four"

Amazing article.
Even more amazing that it's in Christianity Today (Kudos!)
I can't WAIT to see the negative letters to the editor.
(I bet they don't get banned like mine once did).

All I can say is read it now; it's not online yet...
                   so find it, borrow it, pay full price or more.:
                 (Update: it's now online.  See below)

It's "Starving for Jesus" by  Leslie Leyland Felds-  p. 22 of the March 2012 print edition of Christianity Today ("Stones to Bread" column).

It opens with this paragraph:

   "As I enter the sanctuary, I see the cloth-draped table near the podium.  Communion Sunday!  My heart lifts--and sinks.  What will they serve?  If they pass little cubes of bread, I resolve to take three or four.  This time I am determined to be nourished."

UPDATE: IT'S NOW ONLINE. CLICK HERE TO READ  IT AND WEEP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!