Tuesday, September 23, 2008

prophets always deny being prophets...which makes them prophets





From 6:48ff above:
Bob Dylan:
"You're just not the person they say you are: the prophet...I never wanted to be a prophet....."

Ed Bradley:
"You may not have seen it that way, but that's the way it was for them.
How do you reconcile those two things?"

Bob Dylan:
"My stuff was songs, not sermons. If you examine the songs, I don't believe you're going to find anything in there that says I'm a spokesmen for anybody or anything..."

Ed Bradley:
"But they saw it."

Bob Dylan:
"...they must not have heard the songs"

-
PART TWO:
Dylan closes with an amazing, knowing, (actual) smile , recalling why he still does what he does;
all tied to his "destiny and bargain."

Ed Bradley just HAD to ask, "Should I ask who you made the bargain with?"

3:04ff below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!