Sunday, July 07, 2013

...and spiritual songs

Some older Godhaunted songs I have missed until now:


  "Coming Back To Life":

Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
Where were you when I was hurt and I was helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun





Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of life and the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight..into the shining sun
-David Gilmour

--


==
Mississippi:

I'm big and proud all overNot just on the stageMy secret self has many sidesThat laugh and crush and stingI'm red and thick like fireI like it from behindRound and Round andRed to whiteI'm pure and sad and silent
I know I've got a piece of my heartOn the sole of your shoeI've got a little bit of thunderTrapped inside of a cloudThe dog in youSpit me out into the mississippi
Who can love my many selvesThe wife, the bitch, the rapunzelThe one who criesAnd calls for youThe one who is always alone
I know I've got a piece of my heartOn the sole of your shoe I've got a little bit of thunderTrapped inside of a cloudThe dog in youSpit me out into the mississippi
Oh mississippiCome and wash my pain awayOh mississippiCome and take my pain awayI feel I'm drowningI feel I'm drowningI feel I'mI feel I'mDying
I know I've got a piece of my heartOn the sole of your shoeI've got a little bit of thunderTrapped inside of a cloudThe dog in youSpit me out into the mississippi-Paula Cole

--"Simonize"
Hey,
don’t take your life away,
I think you’d rather stay,
then follow me into the alleyway,
we were passers on the street,
I never thought we’d meet until I said,
"How do you do, my love?",
you’ll fall,
you’ll fall,
hey don’t stop and turn away,
I’m sure you’d rather stay,
than follow me into the alleyway,
we were passers on the street,
don’t turn it into grief,
just follow me into disaster,
you’ll fall,
you’ll fall,
fall….
hey don’t look and turn away,
lose your life today and follow me into the alleyway,
you should turn and walk with me,
I’ll even follow Him,
in search of wretched grand disaster,
simonize
-Pete Yorn


\
--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!