Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pope Francis: "get rid of clericalism..take to the streets and make a mess..I want trouble in the dioceses!"

 From Religion News:

 ....Pope Francis  gave some 10,000 young Argentine pilgrims explicit instructions to take to the streets to “make a mess,” and “cause confusion and disorder.”
“I want to tell you what I expect as a consequence of World Youth Day,” he said. “I want to see the church get closer to the people. I want to get rid of clericalism, the mundane, this closing ourselves off within ourselves in our parishes, schools or structures. I want a mess…I want trouble in the dioceses!”
            He warned that if the church doesn’t go out and spread the faith it would become an observer rather             than a doer.
Young people who flocked to audiences, seemed genuinely moved.Possibly realizing the alarm his words are likely to cause among traditionalists, Francis apologized in advance to bishops worldwide for the defiance he is instigating. 
“I couldn´t stop crying after I heard what he wants us to do,” said Maria Ines Panuziou, a 31 year old Argentine. “It is so different and exciting.”  link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!