Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sign from God next to Krispy Kreme



One day not long ago, my car was in the shop, and my wife was teaching. So I did something I have hardly ever done (In this country, anyway): take the bus!

Since I had to transfer buses, I had to walk a few blocks (radical!).
Which was the only reason I was able to see something I had never seen before.

This sign.

A sign that no one else in Fresno that I have talked to even knows about.

Too bad it's a sign from God.

The deepest irony is that this historical marker is just down the street from our city's most upscale and visited "place to be seen" shopping center; and within walking distance of In N Out Burger, and Krispy Kreme Donuts (the two undisputed temples of the city)..

But the sign is hidden under an overpass.

How many even know our country had "relocation camps"...at all?

Thanks to the great photographer (a Mr. Wainscott, btw) who will now challenge us to pray and do some homework.

I'm starting my homework now:..

here
--

(later note: more on this sign and it's twin here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!