Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sinead Holds Back the Night


"Hold Back The Night" by Sinead OConnor

There has always been something prophetic about this vintage Sinead song.
The studio version (above) is chilling, and highly recommended (church-ready). But I just discovered this live version (below) in the streets of NYC from the"Today Show" Whenever a tune like this is unleashed in the market square, I think Godhauntedness happens among the passersby.

I want to walk
Into the Light
Day has turned cold
So hold back the night
What will become
Of you and I
We had a dream
Don't let it die

Do you want to be
Do you want to be
My dying day
My darkest hour
My overdose
Because that's what you'll be
Just hold back the night
There was a time
I'm sure you'll agree
We saw it all
A glorious sight
Everyone's burned
Everyone's gone
What we once were
Now we are not
So hold back the night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!