Monday, July 14, 2008

God's so damn hard to find

Sixpence is back ..

with some refreshing honesty (CCM makes you lie) ..

..and a refreshing "pay what you want" download/prayer

called "Amazing Grace (Bring it Back)":

"You’re everywhere in every time /
and yet You’re so damn hard to find
":



I knew a song that played in me
It seems I've lost the melody
So please, Lord, give it back to me
Yeah please, Lord, give it back to me
Years in the desert with no drink
Strike the rock, make it bleed
And please Lord, give it back to me
Yeah please Lord, give it back to me

If you'll blow on the embers
The light will shine on my face
The streams will run in the desert
And sing amazing grace

You're everywhere in every time
And yet you're so damn hard to find
So please, Lord, I need a sign
No please Lord, I want a sign

 I need Your breath on the embers
I need the light on my face
I need the streams in the desert
That sing amazing grace
That sing amazing grace

Amazing; psalmic.
Ready for church.

Later edit: No surprise when the album came out, this song had the "d" word removed:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More from the new project:



and this classic:
Letterman Lusts; Thinks Gospel is "Beautiful"

2 comments:

  1. You know you can get the ep for emails/pay what you want at noisetrade.com

    - Peace
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a newer version of this song on Sixpence's new album, Lost in Transition. The musical arrangement on the album version is superior to the original from the My Dear Machine ep, though they dropped the words "so damn" from the lyrics and replaced them with the word "always." I prefer the original lyrics.

    Regardless, this is one of my favorite Sixpence songs (along with "Melody of You" to which this is a sort of sequel). Definitely the album highlight.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!