Friday, April 05, 2013

John Piper: A woman can teach me as long as I can’t see her

--
Scot McKnight  calls this  "exegetical gymnastics. 

Rachel Held Evans responds:

Exhibit C:  A woman can teach me as long as I can’t see her:
Piper is essentially arguing that so long as he does not have to acknowledge my humanity, so long as I keep a safe distance so he is unaware of the pitch of my voice and the presence of my breasts, he can, perhaps, learn something about the Bible from me. So long as I am not “in-his-face” with my femaleness, it will be easier for him to treat me as someone worth learning from; it will be easier for him to treat me like a man. "  -full article link
-------------
- Earlier video by Piper:

I'm a guy. Is it wrong for me to listen to Beth Moore?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!