Sunday, August 05, 2007

Let me be a whore

Fred Phelps (of "God hates fags"infamy) thinks I am (click this); and I freely admit it.

Of course I'm a whore..at least I want to be.

Not the kind Eugene Peterson has suggested many pastors are (here);
or the type God has used Cheap Trick to warn me about (here)
hopefully not a "myspace friend whore" (but note how many "friends" I have there)

but the kind Michael Pritzl confesses to be in this song.

Michael often introduces this song by noting that "it seems like the only time Jesus had harsh words for anyone is when they thought they were better than someone else."



In the night, the harlot moves across the floor
She turns the handle on the door
One hundred eyes
seem to look right through her
Why she's there, they're not sure

Behind her love she falls down to her knees
Without a word she begins to weep
And her tears they fall
down upon his feet
And she smothers them with kisses
She dries them with her hair

In my life, sorrow has kissed my lonely heart
Fear of man tears me apart
And I've tried, but many times I've loved the world
Many times I've been the whore
I've cried a million tears, maybe more
So many times I have been the whore
I will fall down on my knees I will sing, "I love, my love.."
I will weep, "I love, my love.."
I will sing cause I love, my love

And my tears will fall down upon Your feet
Let me smother them with kisses
Let me dry them with my hair
If I could be anyone at all
If I could be anyone at all
Let me be the whore at Your feet

My tears will fall down upon Your feet Let me smother them with kisses Let me dry them with my hair If I could be anyone at all If I could be anyone at all Let me be the whore at Your feet ............

Let Your mercy triumph over judgement
over me

i love You,Lord
My God
My Strength
in weakness

-Michael J.Pritzl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!