Tuesday, December 04, 2007

All anger is eventually encouraging...especially a prayer chain

It's hard to imagine living without the Prayer Chain.

I mean both the "call the next person in the directory" chain that gets activated when there is a need in the Body..

and the music group by that name...who, well, get activated when there is a need in the Body; in my body, or in me...

If only this honest angst-prayerpsalm could be prayed in any church:

He learned to run
when I learned to walk
left me with an empty hole
with no
one to fill it

I stand in the doorway
waiting for arms to run into

the sky seems so far away
and the sun seems so dark today...

Take my fist
and hold it in Your hand
Take my rage
and bury my pain
why won't You love me?
why won't You hold me?

Walk away, Walk away
the tears begin to say
But a kiss on my forehead
is all that I need
and one small caress
to know that You
still love me

the sky seems so far away
and the sun seems so dark today...


Maybe even more than the words, the music moves me ...the amazing Andy Prickett who prays through his guitar, etc..

But the memories of their journey are painful...not accepted in the Christian market (even though on a Christian label); strained relationships among the members...and probably a microcosm of the lyrics..

..And this too must be moving; and ultimately encouraging/redemptive...as all honesty eventually is..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!