Friday, October 11, 2013

Satan obviously created Zappa-- because he once said "God is dumb" (but he led me to Jesus!)

"Well let's get serious, God knows what he's doin' He wrote this book here and the book says, 'He made us all to be just like him' So, if we're dumb, then god is dumb................... and maybe even a little ugly on the side."









The infamous theologian  Frank Zappa once said that.


OK, he sang it technically.
.so I'll claim the long shot that he was singing in character.

I still maintain that FZ was God-haunted, as Happy Lee will be glad  to hear.
 Unlike a recent commenter of mine. who took offense to my posting about "secular" singers like Peter Gabriel and claimed that "Satan created them"  (!)..



I stubbornly think that
 everyone is made in God's image,
                           and thus reflect God
                       even if they reject God.

Even recreated folk don't always imagine..or manage...their image well.

The catch is: we should.
                    we could.

The world has a God-given right to judge us when we don't act like God
                                                                                            or like God.


“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one  I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."  -Jesus, John 17
Ironically, Zappa was not dumb all over...not at all, even on the side.
He IS all over...unfortunately.


He WAS able to create...as someone created in God's image..moments  of



                                  prayerful and "palpable holiness."

(Read the last four words again, and rejoice that Frank Zappa, confessed atheist,
is one of the people who led me to Christ!.  Hmm, guess God can use anybody..or anything to get us.

Zappa knew that argument he made in that line could be a classic example of fallacious reverse-argument.
He DOES seem to really be uneasily serious in this song, I admit.

I hope he was pulling a Colbert.
Like most public agnostics/atheists, there are rumors of a  stealth..or deathbed..conversion.
And contrary to some (dumb) logic,
             God would not be dumb to accept  it.


Do read the full lyric:


 
Frank Zappa - Dumb All Over (Lyrics) from Daniel on Vimeo.



2 comments:

  1. Satan's Snoofer8:16 PM, July 29, 2015

    Zappa said "Keep your children as far away from the church as possible" Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, coz church is deceiver.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!