Wednesday, March 10, 2010

the aim of every artist/Top 70s albums and secuspiritual songs


"The aim of every artist is to arrest motion, which is life... and hold it fixed so that 100 years later, when a stranger looks at it, it moves again."
-Hunter S. Thompson, quoted in the discussion of album #2 (bet you have it!) in Pitchfork's fascinating list of Top 100 Albums of the 1970s,
found here.

Related to that list, awhile back I posted on an irresistable meme on Facebook,
"Seven Secular Seventies Songs That Speak to Me Spiritually"
(see my list, and several others, here)
No surprise I could not stop at seven..could you?
Someday, I'll take the time to embed audio or video of each, and comment on why they move me. But maybe that would be all too obvious to anyone surfing this page..(:

Back to the quote at top:


What 7os albums/songs "move again" for you, now that it IS basically "a hundred years later"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for engaging the conversation!